[vsnet-chat 1974] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Serious observers: Possible binary in outburst

     I don't know of a published sequence for NY Ser, but I note that the
relevant GSPC sequence for the field is only about half a degree away.
Comprison with the GSC proper shows that the GSC magnitudes in this
immediate area differ from V by -0.15 on average.  For the purposes of
superhump observations, the zero-point observation is not critical, but
simply _adding_ 0.15 to the GSC magnitudes for some convenient stars will
get you fairly close to standard V.

\Brian