[vsnet-chat 1626] accidental comets, etc :-)

G'day all,

Several additions to the ASSA Variable Stars Group webpage
(http://vsnet.assa.org.au/vsg.htm):

- More links, including the CBAT supernova checker and the LONEOS
  Photometric Catalogue.

- New finder chart and orbit for the second Comet Tilbrook (C/1999 A1)
  at http://vsnet.assa.org.au/vstars/tz2.htm.

- A new page on accidental comet discoveries by variable star observers
  at http://vsnet.assa.org.au/vstars/accident.htm.  Comets Tilbrook
  (C/1997 O1) and Williams (C/1998 P1) are discussed in detail.

  I also had some information on the discovery of Comet Jones (1946 VI)
  and Kaho's co-discovery of Comet Kaho-Kozik-Lis (1936 III), but I seem
  to have lost it during a recent system cleanout... :(

cheers,
Fraser Farrell

http://vsnet.dove.net.au/~fraserf/  email: fraserf@dove.net.au