[vsnet-chat 1598] Sumner sequences

I've placed on my anon ftp site under
  http://ftp.nofs.navy.mil/pub/outgoing/aah/sequence/sumner/
the 95 sequences that Bruce Sumner has derived from my
field photometry files.  Be sure to read the README.1ST file
before attempting to use any of these sequences.
  Bruce has done an excellent job of choosing a wide range of
magnitudes with similar colors in each field, and the files
are in a format that I highly recommend for future sequences.
I think some of these sequences were derived in collaboration
with other observers, and if that is the
case, we should include acknowledgements in the files.
  The real question is when a visual observer should use
any of these sequences, and I plan to stay clear of that
issue.  Certainly, for fields where there is no AAVSO
chart, there shouldn't be any question about using these
sequences.  For fields with AAVSO sequences, you should
ask HQ before proceeding.
Arne