[vsnet-chat 1580] AC Cas and Bengtsson variable

I now have data for this field on 981213, 981215 and
990123.  AC Cas itself is obviously variable, fading
by 0.3mag during this 40-day interval (it is slightly
saturated on my frames, however, so don't trust its
V magnitude in the .dat files on my ftp site).  The
situation with the Bengtsson candidate is less clear.
It fades by ~0.05mag over the interval, but there is some
contribution in the aperture photometry from
a 3-mag fainter companion about 8arcsec
north which is sufficient to be the source of the
0.05mag variation.  Therefore, the current three
observations are consistant with no variation in
the Bengtsson proposed candidate.  I'll leave this
field on my program and see what happens in February.
Arne