[vsnet-chat 1545] Re: 'Nova' 1981 Sct

Re: [vsnet-chat 1541] 'Nova' 1981 Sct

> I have checked on the original BAAVSS paper reports for Nova 1981 Sct
> and find that there was an unconfirmed positive sighting as follows;
>
> 1991 July 07, 20h55m UT,  10.5m,  F(3)V(4)H sequence GMH810726
> Savvas Koushiappas, Nicosia, Cyprus.  instrument 8" S/C.

   This is probably what I remember I was called then to confirm it.
The night was (rarely) fortunately clear, and the CCD images taken at
Ouda Station showed nothing new (probably down to mag 17 or more).
This negative result was relayed to Dr. Guy Hurst, with an attachment of
the CCD image.  It may be possible to look for the original image
if necessary.  I was observing eclipses of Nova Her 1991 (V838 Her) then.