[vsnet-chat 1522] Re: [vsnet-future 1] nova prediction

-----Original Message-----
From: Tonny Vanmunster <Tonny.Vanmunster@advalvas.be>
To: vsnet-chat <vsnet-chat@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Date: Sunday, December 20, 1998 5:15 PM
Subject: [vsnet-chat 1520] RE: [vsnet-future 1] nova prediction

>> I made a mistake.  The revised date is December 24.
>
>I suppose it's not a coincidence, given the type of
>prediction, that you didn't mention the year for this
>"revised calculation"?  ;-)

Just an innocent oversight.  I meant 1998.  However, since I
posted that revision, I have a much better date.  I hope it's the
final date.  Not much time left for more revisions!!  The final
date is Christmas Day:

December 25, 1998 at 11:40:00 UT; 11.666 decimal hours UT.
(5:40 AM CST, Plano, Texas time)

Don't be surprised if you hear the sound of a trumpet.  This is
an ether phenomenon, just as a tornado is, but the sound should
be a much higher pitched than the freight-train sound that
tornadoes are famous for.  I heard the 1952 Dallas tornado.  It
should have a Doppler shift: a high-pitched crescendo as the wave
front approaches, a swift downward glissando as the supernova
lights up, followed by a low-pitched decrescendo.  Take your tape
recorder outside if you are within the initial cone of
visibility.  Don't worry if you are in daylight.  This puppy will
be visible in daylight!  When you exit the cone of visibility,
this sequence will reverse.  If you were caught by surprise by
the flare-up, there is no excuse for not being ready for the
extinguishment when the supernova drops below 30altitude above
the horizon.  The duration of the trumpet sound will depend on
your latitude.  Higher latitudes will have longer durations.

Initially, at least, there will be a cone of visibility for NGC
6543, the "Cat's Eye" planetary nebula in Draco, which after it
goes supernova should be renamed the "Throne", because it is
identified in Revelation 4:2-3.  The initial visibility of the
Throne should be inside the small circle of 60radius and
centered on the object's substellar point on the Earth (where it
is at the zenith), which at the initial onset moment should be
the intersection of the Arctic Circle and the International Date
Line (66.6North Latitude and 180Longitude).  As the world
turns, the center of this small circle of visibility follows the
Arctic circle.  You can only see it when its zenith distance is
less than 60 that is, when it is more than 30above the
horizon.

This supernova will be with us for 157 days, so if you miss
recording the first pass, you have plenty of chances to record
subsequent passes.  I suggest that amateur astronomers get a WWV
radio and record the standard time clock ticks and the trumpet
sound on the same tape so that we can observe two phenomena which
begin after the first 7 days: the gradual growth in the radius of
the cone of visibility, and the migration of the center of the
cone from the Arctic Circle at latitude 66.6to latitude 84.6
a drift of 18in 150 days.  With your tapes and your latitude
and longitude, we can learn quite a lot about this wonderful but
rare natural phenomenon.  The pitch of the sound, and indeed the
entire audio signature of the trumpet blasts will contain
valuable information.

As if the Throne supernova weren't exciting enough, nature will
provide four other daybright supernovae: one each in Leo, Taurus,
Bootes, and Aquila (Revelation 4:7).  They will also have 60cones of visibility, but since they are all near the Ecliptic,
most people in the world will be able to observe them.  Since the
wave fronts are more likely to pass observers at nearly right
angles, while the Throne's wavefronts are more likely to pass by
at grazing angles, these four "Beasts" may sound more like
thunder than trumpets.  Then, if five supernovae aren't exciting
enough, dozens of novae will appear on great circles joining the
five supernovae, like spokes joining a hub, or like "six wings"
(Rev. 4:8) formed from three great circles intersecting at each
"Beast" and the "Throne."  This will be the astro-photo opportuni
ty of a lifetime!

On or about January 1, 1999, and every 30 days thereafter for
five 30-day months, a new pair of supernovas will appear in the
sky.  The northern ones will be one of the Pleiades (Revelation
5:6), and the southern ones will be in Sagittarius,(Rev. 6:2),
??? (Rev. 6:3), Libra (Rev. 6:3), Scutum (Rev. 6-8), ???, ???.

Astrophotographers should be ready to observe large proper
motions in all of these supernovae.  The Pleiades will move
radially away from the center of the cluster, so the cluster will
expand in angular size, as each Pleiad explodes in time, one
every 30 days, as if God is putting a zoom lens in the path of
each one.  I expect that by May 31, 1999, the Pleiades may be as
large and as bright as the Big Dipper.

Fear not!  These awesome signs in the heavens are the curtain
raisers for the main event: the return of Jesus Christ in person
perhaps as soon as next year, or perhaps only a few years later.
The sixth seal on May 31, 1999 may have some catastrophic
geophysical consequences for a small fraction of the Earth's
population.  More about that later.  Meanwhile, may the Peace of
God be yours during this auspicious Christmas season.

----
Glen W. Deen, BSEE
820 Baxter Drive
Plano, Texas 75025 USA