[vsnet-chat 1260] Re: H/T chart vs. VT mags...

Hello,

Thanks for the info!

>It would seem that both Robert and Berto -- like me -- bought their
>Guide 6's as soon as they were released.  These "early" Guide 6's
>do not show Tycho's Johnson V magnitudes.

No, I received it this sping (thanks Mr. Scovil!), but have not noticed
that the first "info" show Johnson V magnitudes until Mr. Kato wrote it. I
knew that the previous version used GSC mags for all stars and have not
noticed the change. By the way in the "more info" box in some cases I found
only VT magnitudes and this made me tought the H/T chart by VSNET team use
GSC magnitudes.

Sorry.

I think the use sequences from different origin causes more scatter the
comparison from onesource, I prefer VT mags for binocular variables in case
when we don't have AAVSO charts. Until the AAVSO comes out with new charts
with VT mags I gonna use old AAVSO charts and VT mags in the absence of
AAVSO charts with new VT mags...

What do you think?

Regards,

Robert Fidrich