[vsnet-chat 1134] Re: V1610 Cyg and CfA objects

Re: [vsnet-chat 1132] V1610 Cyg and CfA objects

>   Does this object have extragalactic association, or do these velocities
>reflect some sort of outflow?  The GCVS type F5Iaep probably indicates
>the absence of apparent redshift.

From DSS2 image, there seems no extragalactic object.  CfA objects can
be outflows of "Egg nebula", which is separated the northern part and
the southern by the dark lane.  I don't know how these velocity are
derived, but it seems that the line mis-identification would cause.
The expansion velocity of the gas of CRL2688 (Egg nebula) is estimated
as 20 km s-1 or so (STScI press release 96-03).

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp