[vsnet-campaign-dn 3928] V585 Lyr: continued humps? rare outburst of a long-period system?

V585 Lyr: continued humps? rare outburst of a long-period system?

Dear Colleagues,

   The VSNET Collaboration has further received data from Jochen Pietz.
The Kyoto team (observers: R. Ishioka and M. Uemura) and Torii-san (RIKEN)
also took the data, part of which has been analyzed.  The data seem to
show the continued presence of ~0.1 mag humps.

   The comment by Jochen Pietz follows:

> Faded by 0.05mag; still no pronounced humps.
> If you really want to see any periodic variations, a 0.1176day period
> seems to be one possibility.

   Our own analysis more favors 0.103 d period, although the above period
is still perfectly viable.  These observations seem to suggest, unless
other features appear, that the object can be a long-period (possibly
in the period gap?) dwarf nova.  Since superhumps in such long-period
system can sometimes be less apparent (e.g. TU Men), the low amplitude
may be attributable to the weak occurence of tidal instability.  Anyway,
we need further coverage (hopefully longer than 3 hours per night)
of the current rare, long outburst.  Further analysis, as well as
accurate identification by Yamaoka-san, is in progress.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami