[vsnet-campaign-dn 3751] GO Com: superhumper period decrease!

GO Com: superhumper period decrease!

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new data from Tonny Vanmunster, Lew Cook, Yasuo Sano-san,
Torii-san and GETS team observing at Gunma Astronomical Observatory
(two nights), and preliminary data from Bill Yeung.  There are four nights
data taken at Kyoto.

   The overall analysis of the data clearly indicates that the period
change was an early stepwise one, as recently observed in UV Gem and
NSV 10934.  The superhump timings since late June 5 (UT) have been well
expressed by a single period of 0.06268 d.  We consider that this period
would better represent the superhump period of GO Com.  Compared to this
period, the period observed on the first night was longer by 1.5%, which
is almost comparable to the typical fractional superhump period excess(!).
Although we need a full period analysis with fully analyzed data sets,
this period change already signifies the unusual nature of this dwarf
nova -- which may be somehow related to the probably unusual outburst
characteristics.  Further observations are strongly encouraged!

   We have also posted two images (from Starkey and Nogami-san) on the
VSNET GO Com page.  Enjoy these images for this rare superoutburst!

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku