[vsnet-campaign-dn 3566] V601 Sco brightening?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 03:30:20AM +1000, Rod Stubbings wrote:

> Visual magnitude estimates by RASNZ members
> object         YYMMDD(UT)   mag  code        remarks
> SCOV601        030404.526   146  Stu.RASNZ BRIGHTENED
> SCOV601        030404.703   146  Stu.RASNZ   "  "
> Observer's code:
>   Stu: Rod Stubbings  Drouin,Vic. Australia  32cm Newtonian

I wonder what star Rod observed - maybe the very red star 6" WNW of the star
marked on the Downes et al. finding chart (see the comments below)?

I have three recent unfiltered CCD images of this field. On Mar. 13.484 UT
this very red star had been as bright as on Mar. 9.488, but by Mar. 25.393
it had faded considerably.

Regards,
Patrick