[vsnet-campaign-dn 3561] AD Men: observation by Berto Monard

AD Men: observation by Berto Monard

Dear Colleagues,

>  We have received new data of AD Men from Bernard Heathcote.

   In the ongoing flurry of GRB 030329, I thought I had already reported
the observation by Berto Monard.  Sorry to Berto!  The "1.5-d" mentioned
in the previous posting referred to earlier observation by Berto Monard.

   A combined analysis of the data did not reveal a definte periodicity,
although there is a slight increase of a power around period 0.06 d.
The phase-averaged light curve at the period of the strongest power
did not reveal the clear presence of superhump-type variations.
The upper limit of the superhump-type signal is thus 0.13 mag.
Combined with the fading (Rod Stubbings, on March 31), the object is
likely an SS Cyg-type dwarf nova.

   We have placed the outburst CCD image by Bernard Heathcote on the
VSNET web.

   http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/AD_Men/admen.gif

   VSNET page:

   http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/DNe/admen.html