[vsnet-campaign-dn 3545] 1RXP J113123+4322.5 refined superhump period

1RXP J113123+4322.5 refined superhump period

Dear Colleagues,

   We have further received new long set of data from Jochen Pitez.
An analysis of the combined data sets yielded a refined superhump period
of 0.06499(1) d.  Compared with the earlier results, the new result seems
to suggest an increase in the superhump period, although definite conclusion
should await further observations.

   Many of SU UMa-type dwarf novae are known to show a decrease in the
superhump period during their superoutburst plateau.  In some short-period
system (systems with short superhump periods), such as SW UMa, V1028 Cyg,
WX Cet, AL Com, EG Cnc etc. are known to show period decrease.  Since
the superhump period of 1RXP J113123+4322.5 is comparably short, we can
expect a further period decrease.  Such systems are also known to
frequently show post-superoutburst rebrightening(s).  Detailed observation
during and after the current superoutburst is thus very desired.
The Kyoto team, Torii-san (RIKEN) have been following the object as the
top priority target in the evening sky (DM Dra in the morning).  Please
join us to reveal the superhump evolution of this object.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku