Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:50:40 -0800
From: tonny.vanmunster@cbabelgium.com
Subject: KS UMa CCD observation run at CBA Belgium Observatory (2003, Feb
18/19) - first results

Dear colleagues,

Last night (2003, Feb 18/19), I conducted an unfiltered CCD observing
campaign
on KS UMa at CBA Belgium Observatory, during 3.4 hours, under very good
atmospheric conditions. A quick inspection of the resulting light curve
shows
no obvious (large-amplitude) modulations. The conclusion therefore is that
we
are either observing a normal outburst of KS UMa, or that superhumps still
have
to develop (early outburst stage).

I will make my observations and the results of a more detailed analysis
available later today, and will put the light curve on my web site.

Since the weather forecast is positive, I expect to start another observing
session on KS UMa tonight. In fact, this will be my 8th clear night on a
row -
an unprecedented Belgian experience, especially in the month of February !

Kind regards,
Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
www.cbabelgium.com