[vsnet-campaign-dn 3389] XZ Eri: eclipse ephemeris updated, strong beat phenomenon!

XZ Eri: eclipse ephemeris updated, strong beat phenomenon!

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received further data of XZ Eri from Greg Bolt (Jan. 31).
The superhumps and eclipses (depth 0.4 mag) still clearly persist.
We have further analyzed the earlier data (Kyoto, RIKEN, VSNET Okayama
Satation, Okayama U. of Sci. team).  With these observations, we have
been able to update the eclipse ephemeris.  The predictions for the
immediate future are attached.

   The O-C's of and eclipse profiles clearly show the strong presence
of the beat phenomenon between the superhump period and orbital period
(in other words, this beat period represent the precession period of
the eccentric accretion disk).  The O-C variations amount 0.004 d,
which is nearly 7% of the orbital period!  The analysis is continously
in progress.  Further observations are extremely encouraged!

VSNET Collaboration team

===

  Eclipse predictions (UT, geocentric)

  20030130 00:09:48