[vsnet-campaign-dn 3387] GZ Cnc: yet another aspect of short-term variation

GZ Cnc: yet another aspect of short-term variation

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new data of GZ Cnc from Greg Bolt (Jan. 31).  The data
are again very surprising.  Superimposed on a general fading, there exist
almost coherent, large-amplitude (0.3-0.4 mag) oscillations.  The period
is around 0.031 d, which is different from any other previously detected
periods during the present outburst!  The profile looks like spike-like
QPOs, but also resembles superhump-like phenomenon in its gradually changing
portion.

   We have also received a data set from Tonny Vanmunster, which is fully
described in vsnet-campaign-dn 3385.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku