[vsnet-campaign-dn 3377] XZ Eri: updated superhump period

XZ Eri: updated superhump period

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new data from Kiyota-san (Tsukuba) and Greg Bolt.
We have received and obtained a great number of data (Kyoto, RIKEN, Okayama),
which are being analyzed.  The most recent data show clear superhumps and
sharp eclipses, and expected "beat phenomenon" between the superhump and
orbital period.

   The best superhump period determind from Jan. 29 and 30 data is
0.06243(6) d.  This period indicates that the superhump period has shown
a dramatic phase/period change between Jan. 28 and 29, as already suggested.
The present period is 2% longer than the orbital period.  This fractional
superhump excess is a very reasonable one for a system with this orbital
period.  Further analysis of data, includuing more detailed analysis
of the period change, is in progress.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku