[vsnet-campaign-dn 3183] CU Vel superoutburst, rapid fading stage

CU Vel superoutburst, rapid fading stage

Dear Colleagues,

   The most recent observation by Rod Stubbings indicates that CU Vel
has entered its rapid decline stage.  We can expect that late superhumps
have grown during this stage.  Use longer exposures (30-60s).  Within
a few days, we may be able to concentrate on TU Men for long nightly runs.

   Further nightly (snapshot) observations are also requested for a week
in order to check whether there is a rebrightening phenomenon, as has been
suggested in a long-period SU UMa star EF Peg.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku