[vsnet-campaign-dn 3136] CU Vel: superhump period

CU Vel: superhump period

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received further data from Tom Richards.  A preliminary analysis
of the data has yielded a superhump period of 0.0809-0.0811 d, depending
on the selection of the calculated bins.  These periods are significantly
longer than the previous value, and the generally adopted value.  It may be
possible that CU Vel is currently experiencing a phase of rapid period
ecolution, or that the previously reported value had a large error.
We need further intensive observations to clarify this situation.

   At a period of Psh = 0.0811 d, a fractional superhump excess can be
one of the largest among SU UMa stars.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami