[vsnet-alert 7803] Eta Carinae eclipse in V started July 4 !

THE ECLIPSE HAS BEGUN IN THE VISUAL according to La Plata observations
(http://lilen.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/EtaCar/)
I missed the maximum!!!!!!!  ;-((( due to bad weather.
It reached V= 4.96 (I don't know if these data is actually transformed to
Johnson's V or of it's just instrumentl V mag.) on July 4 and now it's
fading rapidly.
This is completely consistent with my prediction of a minimum around July 11
for the infrared lightcurve.

The star is fading rapidly in V, B and I now (The X-ray maximum was already
reached on
June 29).

A first maximum was reached in the I band (around June 25), and, almost ten
days after the I maximum, it finally reached a a peak in V around July 4.0.
Thus, the V lightcurve looks steeper.
The maximum is absent of my visual lightcurve due to a 12 day-period of
clouds..... (...I can't remember being out of business for so long.. Of
course it had to happen right now...)
http://ar.geocities.com/varsao/Curva_Eta_Carinae.htm

Although I thought it was going to be detected, I didnt think the V eclipse
would be so sharp.
Anyway, I don't think it goes further than 0.15 mag. Let's see!!

Regards,
Sebastian.

Return to Home Page

Return to the Powerful Daisaku