[vsnet-alert 7784] Re: [vsnet-chat 6578] Re: Further astrometry on the LMC variable/nova?

>>     http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/Novae/nlmc2003.html

     From the geometry of the faint field stars in both Berto's and
in the 2MASS J-band image, it seems quite clear to me that the
moderately-faint moderately-red star previously identified is _not_
the outbursting object.  The outbursting object lies southeast of
the red star, possibly the faint star immediately southeast of the
red star in the J-band image.  We need a spectrum of this puppy!

\Brian