[vsnet-alert 7767] V478 Sco outburst

Dear colleagues,

as of 2003-06-22 6:00 UT I find the dwarf nova V478 Sco having brightened
by 1.4 mag with respect to last night (based on CCD observations in the R
band). The system currently (7:00 UT) is still increasing at a rate of
roughly 0.05 mag/h.

If the star has been in quiescence last night (the light curve seems to
indicate so), and assuming R = 16 (Zwitter & Munari 1996), this would mean
that roughly  R = 14.5 at 2003-06-22 6:00 UT.

Sorry that I can't be more specific, but I observed the system only to
fill in gaps between my actual targets, and I don't have any information
on suitable comparison stars of known brightness.

Saludos,
Claus Tappert.

--
Claus Tappert, Departamento de Fisica, Grupo de Astronomia
Universidad de Concepcion, Casilla 160-C, Concepcion, Chile