[vsnet-alert 7723] V2527 Oph outburst!!

V2527 Oph outburst!!

   As reported in [vsnet-outbust 5472], the (still poorly known) SU UMa-type
dwarf nova V2527 Oph = 1E1719.1-1946 = 1RXS J172204.5-194913 is undergoing
a very bright outburst!  The current magnitude surpasses the past record,
and the object is most likely undergoing a superoutburst!  The outburst
must be young, and the present outburst will provide *the best* opportunity
to record the superhumps in this object first-ever in detail.

   The semi-accurate location of the object is reported to be
17:22:04.3 -19:49:08 (J2000.0).

   The object is an X-ray source selected from Einstein survey, and later
spectroscopic observation cunfirmed its CV nature.  The VSNET team has
been monitoring the object upon knowing that this spectrum resembles that
of a short-period (presumably SU UMa-type) dwarf nova.  The spectrum
suggests a dwarf nova with a low mass-transfer rate, just as in WZ Sge.

   CCD time-resolve observations (as long as possible, preferrably several
hours per night) are strongly encouraged.  Please use the usual SU UMa-type
observing prescription.  We are also happy to receive representative
images (in FITS) for accurate astrometry and quiescence identidication.
The reported quiescent magnitude is V=19.02.  I will make more comments
on this object later.

   Good luck with your observations!

  YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  observer
  20030311.758  <144  (Rod Stubbings)