[vsnet-alert 7689] Re: Possible Nova in Sgr

As reported in another list by Mati Morel, the object measured by
Kushida and Kushida is in my field photometry file for V4444 Sgr.
It is given there as
    RA   (J2000)  DEC         V     B-V
18:07:20.41  -27:24:32.6   13.247  1.490
with large photometric error indicating variability. Coupled
with the 2MASS bright detection, this is most likely a Mira.
I don't know if it is the same object thought by Nishimura
to be a possible nova.
Arne

Seiichi Yoshida wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>

>>>  According to the same IAUC, Kushida and Kushida reported
>>>astrometry of a bright object on an unfiltered CCD image: 18h 07m
>>>20s.38, -27o 24' 31".6 (J2000.0).
>>
>>  Kushida communicated that it was mag about 8.5 on this image.
>>Compared with the photographic magnitude by Nishimura (98p on 8.792
>>UT), the new object is rather red source, which is less likely a
>>typical nova in the rising phase.
>

> It is near by Nova 1999 Sgr = V4444 Sgr. It will be valuable to check
> the images of the old nova in 1999. We the MISAO Project also have
> some images of this field. I will investigate it later.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Seiichi Yoshida
> comet@aerith.net