[vsnet-alert 7378] Suspect object near NGC 6946

Suspect object near NGC 6946

Dear Colleagues,

   Maciej Reszelski has relayed the following information.

> Just received massage from my friend about photo which
> made by Leszek Marcinek. I haven't date and time of photo for now
> but observer raported that he made pics within a month.
> The star marked by L.M. is probably some new object. It
> not looks like a plate defect for me. The coordinates (by
> my hand) are:
> RA= 20h 34m 45s.9  Decl. +60d 16m 24s.0

---

 The image has been tentatively placed at
 http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/Novae/query/Marcinek/Marcinek.jpg

  The color (rather blue) seems to be slightly inconsistent with a faint
nova.  There is no X-ray source at this position.  It seems to me that
a faint USNO star is present at this position.  If this is the quiescent
counterpart, it may be possible that the suspect object is an outbursting
dwarf nova.  Otherwise, the object may belong to NGC 6946 (the color is
consistent with a supernova, but is located too distant from the galaxy?).

  In any case, urgent confirmation and observation are extremely important.