[vsnet-alert 7310] Re: (fwd) Bright object (10th mag.) in Cygnus

>> > Positions:  RA 19 25.308 / DEC + 49 23.350
>> > Magnitude (V) - 10.42
>> > The faint star immediately NW of this star is <15.5 magnitude and does not
>> > appear as a reference on the GSC.
>> this star DOES show on the Palomar plates as a double
>> star; it is just not listed it seems within the GSC reference star catalog.

     If I have the identification correct, this is GSC 3551-2304, listed
as a "nonstar" (meaning merged or double or flaw superposed etc in the
GSC scans) at coordinates:  19 25 20.68 +49 21 23.7 (2000, Tycho-2).
The Tycho-2 photometry suggests it is moderately red (early-K giant?).
     Note the position difference with what was reported.  There is a
fainter pair not far from the position given, but it is much fainter and
the companion is on the northeast rather than northwest.

\Brian