[vsnet-alert 7087] HV Vir rebrightening?

HV Vir rebrightening?

Dear Colleagues,

   We have finished analyzing Jan. 24 observations by Torii-san (RIKEN)
and the Kyoto team.  The data indicate ~0.2 mag brightening compared to
the observations on Jan. 22.  The slow rising trend seemed to continue.

   We are analyzing new Kyoto observations on Jan. 25.  The most recent
data from Tom Krajci seem to support the above finding that HV Vir has
siginificantly brightened from the recent "dip" episode.  [Owing to the
wide variety of comparison stars used among different observers, we will
be going to further examine the reality of the trend].

   The duration of the "dip" (3-4 d) seems to be comparable to that of
WZ Sge, suggesing that the present dip phenomenon is similar to those of
other WZ Sge-type stars.  Further detailed observations are of utmost
importance!  If the star is directly detectable on your CCD, please use
short (~30s or corresponding exposure time used during the outburst plateau)
exposure times in order to record short-period variation.

   Further information on HV Vir will be mostly posted to vsnet-campaign-hvvir,
unless a dramatic change is observed.

VSNET Collaboration team