[vsnet-alert 6959] Re: HT Cam: incredible modulations!

Re: HT Cam: incredible modulations!

Dear Colleagues,

>     Most strikingly, the light curve during latter half of the night
> (analysis still in progress) is dominated by modulations with a period
> of ~4 min (!).  The period is close to the half of the reported (8.5 m)
> period in quiescence.  If this phenomenon reflects the IP (intermediate
> polar) type modulations, this period strongly suggests that two-pole
> accretion takes place.  It may be possible that a higher accretion
> rate during the outburst phase transiently modified the magnetospheric
> structure, enabling two active poles.

   Correction!  The period seems to be close to 8 min.  [Not likely two-pole
accretion].

   We have put a representative pulse light curve at:

   http://ftp.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet//CVs/RXJ0757/pulse.gif

   The amplitude of the pulses reach 0.3-0.4 mag.

VSNET Collaboration team