[vsnet-alert 4562] BC UMa early superhumps

BC UMa early superhumps

Dear Colleagues,

    The analysis of the Kyoto run of BC UMa on Apr. 1 has revealed the
presence of clear low-amplitude superhumps (0.05-0.07 mag), which are
clearly one of demonstration of "early superhumps".  The best period
has been determined as 0.0600 d, which is about 3 percent shorter than
Iida's superhump period (1994).  The present extremele rare outburst of
BC UMa is now photometrically confirmed as a superoutburst.
We hope we can later provide more information on the progress of the
subsequent observations and analysis.

Regards,
Taichi Kato, Makoto Uemura, Gianluca Masi
on behalf of the VSNET collaboration team