[vsnet-alert 2959] NY Ser more information

NY Ser more information

   Additional information on this target, extracted from previous vsnet-alert
messages:

(vsnet-alert 397, 1996 Apr. 23)

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Our observation revealed that the ongoing outburst in PG 1510+234
> (=NSV06990 = Ser1 in Downes & Shara(1993)) has been lasting for at
> least three days and the superhumps with an amplitude of ~0.3 mag
> clearly exist on April 23.  Although the superhump period can not
> be measured precisely due to shortness of the coverage, it seems
> to exceed 2 hours.  It was proved that PG 1510+234 is an SU UMa-type
> dwarf nova with a small amplitude of ~3mag.
>
> Best regards,
> Daisaku Nogami & Ouda Team

(vsnet-alert 398)

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> We have just reduced the PG1510+234 data obtained in the last
> night.  The superhumps with an amplitude of ~0.3 mag still
> existed.  Surprisingly, our period analysis using the April 23
> and 24 results gives the superhump period of 0.1064 (+-0.0003)
> day (= 153.2 (+-0.4) min)!  Is PG 1510+234 located at the midst
> of the CV period gap?!
>
> Best regards,
> Daisaku Nogami & Ouda Team

   The full paper, with detailed long-term photometry, by D. Nogami et al.
is available at

  http://ftp.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/preprints/NY_Ser

   and the preceding paper on outburst activity information

  http://ftp.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/vsnet/preprints/PG1510+234

  VSNET NY Ser page:

  http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/DNe/pg1510.html