[vsnet-alert 2933] Re: An outburst of GSC 2113-870?

Dear Brian,

>      It appears to be the case that BU Her = GSC 2113-0870, and that the
> star is also IRAS 18483+2444.  The USNO-A2.0 b-r color is ~3.0, so fairly
> red, confirming the general identity.

Yes. It looks like very under-informed region. And also, there is
some confusion: We are not sure about BU Her would identical with
GSC 2113-0870, but it seems to be sure that IRAS 18483-2444
is the same as GSC 2113-0870.

>      Are you reporting that you actually observed an outburst by comparison
> to your own previous observations?  If not, then I think you have been

Not, still we could not check our earlier (archived) observations.
This is why we asked anybody else for exposures around this
region.

> caught by the very high near-infrared sensitivity of the CCD chip, which will
> show cool stars such as BU Her as anomalously bright.  The GCVS magnitude
> range is for blue light, so wil seem much fainter than an unfiltered CCD
> magnitude.  I note that the red magnitude in USNO-A2.0 is 11.7, while the
> blue magnitude is 14.6.

Yes, it should be the situation. As our chip is about 60% QE @
880 nm it should give such effect. As we carefully identified the field
of view in visual, we could check that BU Her (and/or IRAS
18483+2444) is nearly the expected faint one, but, maybe fainter,
then it is mentioned in different sources. However, this can be
already connected with its mutual variability... As of it is IRAS
source, AND possibly variable star, I think it is worthwile to study
furthermore. We think we shall measure it thru photometric filters
as well, together (as a by-product) with HS Her.

							Thank you for your tips,

											Best wishes,

													T. Hegedus and
														T. Borkovits