[vsnet-alert 2583] Re: Nova Mus 1998 oscillation (cont'd)

     My "received wisdom" is that it is not uncommon for ordinary novae to
exhibit such oscillations with cycle lengths of a few days in the early
phases of fading.  I'm thinking particularly of DK Lac = Nova Lac 1950,
which went up/down by 1-1.5 mag every few days, gradually fading.  See the
lightcurve given by Payne-Gaposchkin in her classic work "The Galactic Novae".
More recently, I recall QV VUl = Nova Vul 1987 also did this....yes, there
is a reason why I remember this!  See:

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iauc/04500/04501.html
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iauc/04500/04509.html

\Brian