[vsnet-alert 2001] (fwd) SN1998di (Schwartz)

Forwarded message on SN1998di, by permission of Michael Schwartz (originally
posted to isn_chat):

Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:05:25 -0700
From: "M. Schwartz" <pfactors@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: No SN1998di

Hi -

I knew that this would happen sooner or later, but SN1998di
is a cataclysmic variable (CV) that comes from a dwarf star
that has ignited due to material taken off an unseen companion.
The only consolation is that they are more rare than supernovae.

So, let's erase this one from the record books and let the
CVers take over.  Statistically speaking, this is never supposed
to happen.  So this means that the odds of it happening to you
are astronomical (so to speak).

Good hunting!!!

Mike

--